Activities to develop the ICT skills of your Reception Year child include:
- Using the keyboard to input the alphabet in lower and upper case, using the space bar in between each letter.
- Using the keyboard to write their own name, holding the ‘SHIFT’ key for the capital letter.
- Playing simple games on a site such as CBeebies - encourage your child to type the web address into the address line or a search engine, then let them play the games to develop mouse and keyboard skills.
Activities to develop the ICT skills of your Year 1 child include:
- Taking a digital photo, uploading and manipulating it.
- Create a self-portrait using a web-based resource such as Picassohead, then printing and displaying it.
- Using the keyboard to create words and simple sentences.
- Talking to your child about how computers help them to learn.