What is Pupil Premium?
Did you know that just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? Register now to make sure we don’t miss out.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best, to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. You can read more about the Government’s Pupil Premium funding scheme here.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact us and we will help you.
- No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit